Role & Responsibilities
The Industry Banker is responsible for originating and providing Power, Utilities and Infrastructure expertise on deals. The Industry Banker will bring coverage and product execution capabilities in order to focus on strategic deals (Corporate Finance, M&A, Financing and Capital Markets). The Industry Banker will work closely as a team with the Relationship Managers and Product Partners to deepen client relationships and drive revenue and returns growth.
- Deliver new mandates to help achieve the Industry Coverage annual budgets
- Ensure mandates are properly and expediently executed to the highest standards
- Lead engagement with client, including deal economics, engagement letter and term sheet negotiations
- Position our client's Industry Group as a first port of call for core clients requiring services in M&A advisory, LBO advisory, private equity placements, acquisition financing
- Initiate and develop new relationships with target clients and develop and maintain existing client relationships
- Work closely with Relationship Managers / Industry Bankers to up-tier key client relationships and help propagate an advisory culture
- Work closely with product partners in Corporate Finance, M&A, Leveraged & Acquisition Financing, Project & Export Financing, Financing Solutions, Capital Markets, Financial Markets and Transaction Banking to integrate and cross-sell products
- Leverage key lending relationships to win advisory and acquisition financing mandates
- Develop and manage talent, encourage a performance driven culture
People & Talent
- Provide mentorship and help groom junior bankers in the team to develop into successful industry bankers
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Relationship Managers
- Regional GB and Product Heads
- Credit Risk, Legal, Compliance
- Credit and Portfolio Management
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
- Transaction Banking
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures;
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree or post graduate qualified from a top-tier school
- 3+ years of experience in an investment bank with a track record in M&A, Structured Debt, Project Finance, Capital Markets, Financial Markets and Structured Trade transactions
- Good knowledge and understanding of Industry within scope of responsibility
- Solid financial analysis, client interaction, deal negotiation and structuring
- Strong understanding of regulatory and compliance obligations
- Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
- Strong work ethics, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
- Effective communication skills both written and oral with internal and external clients and stakeholders
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Business - Strategy and Model, Market Knowledge, Products and Processes
- Financial - Balance Sheet Management
- Sales - Prospecting, Account Planning, Client Pitching, Relationship Management
- CIC & CF - Bank Lending, Corporate Valuation