Our Partner is an Established Logistics Multinational Corporation with a Global Presence. They are seeking for an individual to join their growing business as a Corporate Secretary.
Responsible in overseeing the formation of legal entities and preparation. Maintenance of corporate records for the Group’s domestic and foreign subsidiaries; develop and manage corporate processes. Supervise file system and records retention for designated Group companies; and help ensure compliance with the Group’s policy efforts on a global basis in areas of record retention and document management. The Corporate Paralegal is required to interface with internal and external counsel and government entities, both domestically and internationally.
Maintaining and organizing corporate records, developing, implementing, and managing corporate processes and managing outside counsel billing. The position will provide administrative support and support Group policy efforts on a global basis. The Corporate Paralegal will be required to work with Group business units, functional units, and other stakeholders, and with internal and external counsel and consultants, both domestically and internationally.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation, organization and maintenance of all corporate records.
- Draft board resolutions and consents. Review and recommend board members/officers for annual elections.
- Managing corporate secretarial obligations and processes.
- Coordination of formation and liquidation of US and Foreign entities and related drafting as required.
- Work to ensure continuing compliance across multiple jurisdictions.
- Responsible for maintaining legal department file room, ensuring that all files are entered into legal database for tracking and safekeeping and that documents are correctly filed.
- Extensive contact and advice given to Finance, Treasury, and outside counsel throughout the world regarding preparation of banking powers of attorney, bank mandates and other corporate documents.
- Manage records storage vendor contracts and inventory to minimize costs.
- Manage corporate secretarial vendor(s) and multijurisdictional corporate obligations
- Provide timely and accurate information to company board members and officers
- Operate as Subject Matter Expert on record retention and corporate secretarial matters.
- Develop and manage relevant filing systems including electronic indexes.
- Min. 5 years of professional experience as a Corporate Secretary.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of stakeholders;