Our client is a US insurance and brokerage MNC seeking a senior disputes counsel to join their wider APAC legal and compliance function.
- Leading Dispute Resolution: Take charge of the Asia and Greater China legal function offering counsel on various dispute types, including professional negligence, commercial disputes, IP disputes, manage investigations, mediations, arbitrations, and court proceedings.
- Risk Management: Adhere to company policies, actively manage risks, and stay informed about legal and regulatory issues affecting the business.
- Legal Expertise: Provide advice on regulatory, legal, and operational matters, while staying current with relevant laws.
- External Legal Relationships: Oversee the quality of legal advice from external lawyers and maintain these relationships effectively.
- Reporting: Offer regular case reports for management and boards.
- Special Projects: Collaborate with the legal and compliance team on special projects and work to enhance team know-how, systems, and processes. Provide assistance to regional legal teams when needed.
- Policy Development: Create internal policies and deliver legal and risk management training, minimizing errors and mitigating risks. Advise on the application of company policies and procedures.
- Relationship Building: Establish positive relationships with key business leaders and other functions across the organization.
- Common law bar-qualified
- Minimum 8PQE private practice and preferably in-house experience in dispute resolution, including insurance litigation and professional negligence claims.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to take a pragmatic approach with regulations and legal matters, being able to explain these in layman terms for different internal stakeholders. Demonstrate the ability to balance corporate risk with commercial awareness.
- Experience in the financial services sector either in private practice or in-house.
To apply, please send your updated CV to Naomi Lewis at email@example.com, quoting the job title or Click Apply Now.
Due to an anticipated high volume of applicants, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.