Our client, a leading conglomerate in the transportation industry. As part of their digital transformation journey, they are hiring a Head of Data, to lead the data scientist, analyst & engineers to turn the massive data collected by the group into commercial assets and products supporting various products on offer.
Lead the strategy, prioritize, develop, and deliver business objectives leveraging the data. Apply industry best practices and approaches, and further, customize the rules to deliver innovative data-centric advantages that allow the company stay ahead of the market competition.
- Apply expertise in data science, statistical analysis, data mining and the visualization of data to derive insights that value-add to business decision-making such as hypothesis testing, development of MVPs, prototyping etc
- Work with stakeholders from different functions of the company to architect and design analytics solutions to meet business objectives
- Develop an enterprise data science strategy to achieve scale, synergies and sustainability of model deployment across the data team
- Conduct analysis and cultivate continuous improvement program to improve quality, productivity and delivery
- Carry out vigorous analyses of business problems on structured and unstructured data with advanced quantitative techniques
- Build and develop data models, data automation systems, performance metrics, and reporting systems
- Develop and train predictive / ML models using a diversity of machine learning tools and frameworks
- Oversee the delivery of insights and reports used for analyzing business functions and performance metrics
- Provide strategic leadership and technical knowledge to the data team.
- Master's Degree or Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics or equivalent
- More than 10 years’ experience in quantitative analysis and data science such as machine learning or predictive modelling
- More than 3 years of people management experience
- Expertise in various ML concepts, frameworks and techniques such as logistic regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, recommendation systems, neural nets etc.
- Strong understanding of data infrastructure technologies such Spark, TensorFlow etc
- Familiar with data engineering methodologies, including SQL, and ETL and experience in manipulating data sets with structured and unstructured data using Hadoop, AWS or other big data platforms
- Proficient in data visualization and the use of dashboarding tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience in development or delivery of products and solutions with a focus on data-driven systems
- Experience in development of Data Models
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective in working across functions and teams to drive projects and critical initiatives to completion