A prominent International Bank, with footprints across the globe. Due to rapid business growth in line, the client is looking to expand their team.
The role holder is accountable for delivering the end-to-end, best-in-class servicing and transacting client journey for Private Banking (PvB) clients within their country, with a primary focus around Banking related activities such as Credit related processes, Payment, Deposits, Loans and client statements and advice.
The role holder is expected to align the client journey objectives to PvB’s strategic agenda and responsible for identifying and creating areas of competitive advantage in the servicing and transacting domain.
Key Responsibilities include
Business Strategy, Operations and Infrastructure
- Working with the Country CBPP Head of Servicing and Transacting and Global Head of COE / PvB Servicing and Transacting to deliver the client journey end state vision (best in class client experience).
- End to end accountability for all Banking Operations related processes connected with client servicing and transaction execution – Key processes include Payment and transfers, Lending limit setup / fulfilment, Lending execution and Credit administration support, Client statementing and client document management.
- Identifying and creating areas of competitive advantage in the servicing and transacting domain, including executing changes initiated by Centre of Excellence teams, focusing on Banking operations related journeys like Payments, Loans, Deposits, Credit Admin, etc.
- Ensuring proactive stakeholder management across Group, Country Business, T&I, Frontline, Compliance, Finance and Risk to ensure alignment across the organisation on delivering the end-state vision.
- Driving adoption of existing and future process and technology initiatives.
- Embedding Servicing and Transacting related processes aligning to Clients’ requirements while adhering to the Bank’s Operational Risk Framework (“ORF”).
- Delivering outcomes on standard metrics / scorecard for servicing and transacting, e.g., productivity, accuracy, service levels, losses / lapses, issues, residual risk acceptances and the Operational Risk Framework (“ORF”) related to transacting and servicing.
- Continuously improving productivity and efficiency of operations and drive standardisation agenda for the business, maintaining rigorous cost and investment discipline across the business.
- Working with the Private Banking and S&T Teams to maintain rigorous cost and investment discipline across the business. Ensure appropriate prioritisation of issues around risk, control, investment, people, projects, and change management in collaboration with Business enablement team with PvB.
- Driving and embedding agile ways or working in the operating rhythm of the Transacting and Servicing journey and rapid MVPs for speed to market and superior client delivery.
- Driving ideation around country innovations and enhancements to digitisation and emerging technologies that give real time decisive client outcomes.
- Ensure effective management of operational risks in the servicing and transacting journey for PvB clients in compliance with applicable internal policies and external laws and regulations.
- Responsible for embedding of Operational Risk Framework linked to journeys related to servicing and transacting in PvB, ensuring appropriate focus on High risk and Very High-risk issues.
- Responsible to minimise operational loss and audit failures and ensuring appropriate focus on issues and resolutions in collaboration with business risk management.
- Responsible for ensuring that direct reports execute responsibilities as outlined in the Group Operational Risk Framework.
- maintaining a strong and appropriate control environment covering PvB businesses.
- restricting business if existing infrastructure and processes, capacity or capability are not fit to execute business within operational risk tolerance, regulatory standards or growth aspirations.
- Responsible for review of services in accordance to the service level agreement signed with offshore centres or third-party suppliers for provision of services.
- Responsible for prompt escalation of issues, reporting of breaches etc for early resolution.
- Accountable to own regulatory audit / inspections in country as well as offshore service centres affecting the country through direct reports.
Business Continuity Management
- Accountable to ensure BCM framework adequately supports the business strategy.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Treating Clients fairly / Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
People and Talent
- Champion and act as a role model of the Group’s values and culture in the country.
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement, ensuring everyone in Operations are drivers and owners of client outcomes.
- Set effective metrics and standards, transparently communicating them to team members, providing feedback and rewarding employees accordingly. Set the appropriate tone and expectations for the wider team.
- Employ, engage, and retain high performance people, to maximise the success of design and delivery with succession planning for critical roles.
- Ensure team structure / capacity is reviewed to enable delivery of client outcomes.
- Ensure the provision of on-going training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risk.
- Develop a team structure to meet the needs of all stakeholders and client journey setup.
- Regional / Country PvB Business Head
- Market Heads
- PvB Booking Centre Head
- Head, PvB Business Risk management
- Head, Client Enablement and Utilities
- Functional Partners including T&I, Risk, Compliance, HR, Finance, Legal, Audit, etc
- Country CIO / CTM where appropriate
- Experienced Banking/Financial Operations professional with 5+ years in managing Private Banking operations aspects
People manager experienced in leading and motivating teams
- Business/ front office and stakeholder management experience is a key as engaging & communicating effectively with multiple stakeholders is expected
- Experience around change management, project management & driving improvement initiatives