Our client is an established insurance company in Singapore looking for a Head of Life Underwriting to lead a big team. This role will be reporting to the MD of Group Operations. You are required to lead the underwriting team in Singapore and provide medical underwriting support for all individual life product lines in underwriting departments across all entities.
- Lead the underwriting team in Singapore, with strong focus on collaborating with digital transformation team to leverage on proven new technology to achieve high efficiency and reduce operating cost.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders including reinsurers to establish underwriting standards in accordance with the governance and compliance policies of the group, so as to achieve growth and operational efficiencies.
- Drive underwriting process improvements and instill a customer-centric culture across entities.
- Provide market-leading underwriting service for customers and agents.
- Ensure underwriting assessment and administrative processes are in accordance with legislations and policies.
- Develop and oversee underwriting procedures and standards, especially in medical underwriting.
- Manage quality control for underwriting by conducting quality checks, assessing training needs of underwriters.
- Monitor progress of underwriting departments and ensure plans supporting company strategic goals are implemented.
- Provide underwriting support to distribution channels through training.
- Degree in medicine with at least 10 years of experience in life insurance underwriting and claims.
- Proficient in the areas of Life, Accident and Health insurance
- Leadership ability and a team player
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills