- Lead a small team of 1 or 2 members specializing in end-to-end system modelling and simulation for enterprise and industrial applications.
- Develop and utilize modelling and simulation tools to analyse the performance of various communication networks, including mobile, wired, and quantum networks/internet.
- Conduct scenario analysis and simulations to assess application response time, latency, estimated error rates, and other performance metrics.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, researchers, and industry partners to understand the requirements and constraints of various communication networks.
- Identify potential bottlenecks, inefficiencies, or areas for improvement in end-to-end systems and propose solutions to optimize performance.
- Stay current with advances in communication technologies, end-to-end system modelling, and simulation tools to contribute to the development of new techniques and methodologies.
- Prepare technical documentation and present project updates to stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and leadership to junior team members.
- Collaborate with whole of government teams, industry and academic partners to develop strategies on developing emerging technologies.
- Work in a cross-functional teams to develop strategy, implementation design and plan for nationwide communications infrastructure solutions.
- Stakeholder management of internal and external stakeholders and to write think pieces on technology use and technology fundamentals to non-technical audience.
- Master's degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
- At least 7 years of experience working on end-to-end system modelling and simulation projects, with a focus on enterprise and industrial applications.
- In-depth understanding of various communication networks, including mobile, wired, and quantum networks/internet.
- Proficiency in end-to-end system modelling and simulation tools, such as OPNET, NS-3, QuNetSim, or similar.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience managing small teams.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.