- Drives implementation of on-site day to day operational activities and logistics to achieve/exceed production, cost, and shipment goals.
- Establishes a strong relationship with our Contract Manufacturer (CM), working closely with the General Manager, to navigate issues and negotiate solutions to ensure efficient and cost-effective production.
- Develops and nurtures CM and other vendor partner relationships to obtain consistent support and resources.
- Tracks and reports to GM site KPIs and establishes action plans to improve performance, coach, and ensure alignment to best practices.
- Manage escalations from the on-site teams and address the concerns to drive short term and long-term improvement actions.
- Develops, monitors, and manages end to end reporting that ensures early identification of opportunities and issues.
- Recommends and implements systems and tools to improve overall efficiency and quality of production.
- Implements plans and processes which minimize manufacturing cost through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
- Develops a deep technical understanding of product functional requirements, and manufacturing processes and practices, to confidently ensure appropriate process controls are in place and being practiced.
- Responsible for working closely with the GM and CM to understand the CM’s technical capability, capacity, ability to handle complexity, and navigate change.
- Fully aligns with the needs of the Quality team to ensure best in class products while improving output efficiency and cost.
- Supports adequate growth planning ahead of need.
- Assists in the support of regulatory operational needs.
- Grows the organization and organizational capabilities to support current and anticipated enterprise strategic plans.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of automated manufacturing processes a plus.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing engineering role preferred.
- Experience with project management of complex executions preferred.
- Experience with managing regulatory requirements and international business partners is preferred.
- Prior experience with regulated Consumer Goods is a plus.