Responsible in overseeing the formation of legal entities and preparation. Maintenance of corporate records for the Group’s domestic and foreign subsidiaries; develop and manage corporate processes. Supervise file system and records retention for designated Group companies; and help ensure compliance with the Group’s policy efforts on a global basis in areas of record retention and document management. The Corporate Paralegal is required to interface with internal and external counsel and government entities, both domestically and internationally.
- Responsible for preparation, organization and maintenance of all corporate records.
- Draft board resolutions and consents. Review and recommend board members/officers for annual elections.
- Managing corporate secretarial obligations and processes.
- Coordination of formation and liquidation of US and Foreign entities and related drafting as required.
- Work to ensure continuing compliance across multiple jurisdictions.
- Responsible for maintaining legal department file room, ensuring that all files are entered into legal database for tracking and safekeeping and that documents are correctly filed.
- Extensive contact and advice given to Finance, Treasury, and outside counsel throughout the world regarding preparation of banking powers of attorney, bank mandates and other corporate documents.
- Manage records storage vendor contracts and inventory to minimize costs.
- Manage corporate secretarial vendor(s) and multijurisdictional corporate obligations
- Provide timely and accurate information to company board members and officers
- Operate as Subject Matter Expert on record retention and corporate secretarial matters.
- Develop and manage relevant filing systems including electronic indexes.
- Min. 5 years of professional experience as a Corporate Secretary.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of stakeholders;