As the designated regional lead and expert in Employee Relations (ER) across the Asia Pacific region, this role assumes a pivotal position in guaranteeing adherence to both internal global and regional protocols, as well as external regulations. The incumbent contributes substantively to the bank's overarching goal of establishing itself as a premier employer. ER encompasses a wide spectrum of responsibilities, ranging from managing the consequences of actions to overseeing employee conduct, addressing grievances, and providing pivotal support during strategic organizational transformations. Moreover, an integral facet of this role entails establishing a robust framework for HR Risk Governance, a vital undertaking benefiting the entire Asia Pacific HR Community.
- Craft and steer ER strategies that harmonize with the Bank's overarching vision, steering the course toward a cohesive and progressive employee relations framework.
- Construct, instate, and sustain regional ER policies and guidelines, tailored to the dynamic landscape of People/ER-related domains. Collaborate closely with local HR teams to embed these policies and procedures across the spectrum.
- Provide advisory that stems from benchmarking and industry insights, bolstering ER-related policies and guidelines within each country context.
- Undertake meticulous analysis of ER-related data and metrics, discerning trends that beckon enhancements. This analytical approach aids in identifying areas of improvement and fine-tuning ER strategies.
- Pioneer the establishment of a comprehensive ER-related Risk Management framework at the regional level, ensuring a resilient structure for mitigating potential HR risks.
- Facilitate seamless execution of Action and Resolution Plans (ARPs) post-Recommendation for Consequence (RFC) endorsement. This guarantees consistent adherence to the bank's protocols.
- Amplify ER proficiency among HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and Country HRs, nurturing their capability to handle intricate issues and minimize disputes through effective consultation.
- Examine employee concerns with precision, including intricate cases of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. Leverage expert guidance to guide local HR and stakeholders, amicably resolving high-risk complexities.
- Forge synergies with Compliance to oversee cases involving Red Flags and HR-Compliance matters, ensuring comprehensive risk management.
- Engage stakeholders across Global HR COEs, leadership, Legal & Control Functions, and Management to shepherd the implementation of regional ER policies, guidelines, and strategic shifts.
- Nurture relationships with external legal vendors and HR counterparts, keeping a vigilant eye on ER trends, which further enriches the bank's ER strategies
- Steadfastly champion a consistent and compliant approach to ER, navigating within the corridors of established internal and global guidelines, as well as employment regulations.
- Harness training programs and knowledge-sharing platforms to empower internal teams, bolstering their ER acumen and amplifying capabilities.
- Scour business realms for emerging ER trends through data-driven analytics, affording a comprehensive outlook on evolving themes.
- Consolidate, oversee, and communicate ER-related risk insights, aiding the bank in maintaining a vigilant stance.
- Min. Degree in any field
- Min. 8 years of Professional Employee Relations ( ER ) experience in a Financial Institution or Regional role will be preferred
- A strong ER knowledge including labor ordinance and collective bargaining agreements in key markets in the Asia Pacific
- Track record in handling employee disciplinary matters and investigation interviews
- Experience in assessing risks with ER issues and taking appropriate steps to achieve resolution of ER cases within the legal and regulatory framework
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills