Our client, a pioneer in cashless payment, has played a pivotal role in shaping Singapore's transformation into a globally recognized cashless society. With relentless innovation at its core, they've introduced groundbreaking and award-winning products, redefining the payment landscape. Beyond our shores, they've led the way with the world's first dual-currency multi-functional contactless card. Committed to enhancing travel and lifestyle experiences, our client is on the lookout for dynamic individuals who share their passion for innovation.
As the junior architect/ senior engineer, your pivotal role will focus on revolutionizing our cloud development and operational practices. You'll bring an extensive comprehension of Cloud services (System/Network/Security) to guide a cross-functional team consisting of application developers, infrastructure engineers, and security specialists. Your objective will be to advocate and actualize a cloud-first architecture while fostering a culture of trust, diverse perspectives, and innovation. Your responsibilities encompass diverse activities such as enabling cloud transformation, coaching co-workers on various Cloud deployment models, addressing security challenges of public cloud operations, and spearheading cloud migration initiatives.
- Offer cloud security architecture support for Azure cloud infrastructure and other cloud platforms (AWS, Google).
- Research and assess emerging cloud technologies, proactively recommending areas for enhancing business value.
- Drive various facets of the cloud migration initiative, overseeing its impact on infrastructure while managing and operating cloud systems, networks, and security.
- Establish standards and best practices by conducting Proof of Concepts (POCs) for new cloud technologies to be utilized by development and engineering teams.
- Develop a baseline for deliverables, including network access, resource configuration, and computer provisioning within Azure environments.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) regarding Cloud infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure, collaborating closely with application teams to achieve digital transformation goals.
- Collaborate with IT Security, Solution Architects, and Security Operations teams to resolve security-related issues.
- Champion a culture of continuous enhancement through the development and maintenance of a robust knowledge management system for the Cloud Operations team.
- Advocate for continuous improvement plans for Cloud Operations, conducting technology reviews and analyses to ensure a suitable infrastructure for critical applications.
- As the SME, foster a culture of trust, seeking diverse views for innovation, and coaching co-workers on various Cloud deployment models.
- Minimum of 2 years contributing to the design of distributed and highly available cloud solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of deploying and supporting cloud services in a large-scale environment.
- Systems Administration skills for Windows, Azure Active Directory, and Linux.
- Experience in migration to Azure Cloud, DevSecOps, and Agile practices.
- Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code using Terraform.
- 5+ years of experience in working with one or more cloud providers; Advantageous to have knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud Administration and other cloud platforms.
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages for cloud deployment or supporting cloud workloads.
- 2+ years of experience with relational SQL databases and/or NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with web application security and a passion for learning new technologies.
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with diverse teams and prioritise tasks.
- Self-sufficiency, integrity, and a strong team player, providing innovative ideas to the team.
If you believe you fit the requirements for the role, please click "Apply Now" or drop an email quoting the job title.
Dawn Nerine Toh dawnnerine.toh(at)cornerstoneglobalpartners.com
EA Registration Number: 19C9859
CGP Singapore (Licence Number: 19C9859)
Due to an anticipated high volume of applicants, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Information provided in this advertisement is for recruitment purposes only.
Know someone who would be a great fit for this role? Refer them to us and get rewarded. Find more details: https://www.cgpo2o.sg/refer-a-friend