Senior Data Engineer – Technology Development Group
As a Data Engineer in the Technology Development Group, you will work closely with agile team members and relevant stakeholders. Reporting to the Team Lead, and working alongside a team of Data Engineers, Software Engineers and Developers you will be responsible for performing responsibilities that are critical to the delivery of The Client’s products, and in doing so, be at the forefront of transformation in the company.
Creation and maintenance of analytics infrastructure, develop and test of data related components within The Client’s IT system architecture, and create data set processes used in modeling, mining, acquisition, and verification are some examples of how we define and measure success in the company. You will be part of contributing towards achieving results in your day-to-day role.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work in the Agile team and work closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts and other team members to achieve common goals
- Develop, data import / export, maintenance and testing of data related components within company's IT system architecture such as data tables and processing systems
- Create data set processes used in modeling, mining, acquisition, and verification
- Work within development team to design the data flow and data storage. Provide guideline to developer in implementation
- Provide the required database\tables, support and develop application\script
- Investigate issues from data point of view. Support stakeholder on the update, automation and mining of data
- Drive the provision and usage of data tools within the organization
- Work with business analyst and architect closely towards getting more useful data and more self-service usage of data by stakeholders
- Work with data analyst on initiative to provide dash board for important and useful real-time data in a user friendly presentation
- Perform Database maintenance, housekeeping & performance tuning
- Continuous monitoring of database usages and capacity
- Keep up-to-date of new technologies, explore and experiment technologies that will help to improve database processes or automation on ETL pipelines
An ideal candidate should have the following
- At least a Degree/Diploma with minimum 5 years of experience in IT (include programming).
- Experience working with ETL tools/frameworks will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in SQL programming
- Have hands on experience on Oracle DB.
- Have hands on experience on Azure SQL skillsets like Azure Data Lake, blob storage.
- Data Factory experience will be an added advantage.