Our client is a Chinese MNC, looking for the position below,
Senior / Principal Engineer (Transmission / HVDC Engineering)
$9,000 - $12,000/mth
What You'll Do:
- To take lead and provide project development support in areas of technical feasibility, conceptual design, and detailed design associated with HVDC projects including front end engineering design (FEED).
- To develop and review technical specifications of HVDC system, ancillary equipment and engineering services in accordance with international standards, best practices and relevant industry standards.
- To manage and collaborate with systems studies engineer and consultant to assess the performance of HVDC system and their impact on the transmission grid, including but not limited to steady state dynamic and transient studies as well as harmonics study.
- To assist procurement and legal counsel in the development, implementation and execution of a viable procurement approach for HVDC projects in accordance with the requirements.
- To lead all technical discussions and negotiations with manufacturers, suppliers and contractors during tendering and review all submissions to ensure no scope gap and compliance with the requirements.
- To take lead and ensure coordination between project team with various key stake holders including consultants, manufacturers, contractors, and regulators to solve complex engineering issues in the HVDC system design, construction, T&C and O&M.
- To review and endorse the testing, commissioning plan and O&M manual submitted by respective OEM and project team.
- To coach and develop a team of engineers in HVDC expertise and build core HVDC expertise in the company.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, specializing in power systems with minimum 10 years of proven track record working in the related industry.
- An in-depth technical know-how in High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) System Studies and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) through Detailed Design to FAT including, project management, installation, commissioning and maintenance of HVDC transmission System.
- Strong technical expertise on HVDC system/equipment including land and submarine cables, converter transformer, VSC and LCC HVDC technologies, and its auxiliary systems.
- Experience of working with HVDC OEMs, HVDC project owners, transmission system owners/operators or consultancies delivering to such projects.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical capabilities with a focus achieving results.
- Proven substantial knowledge and practical experience in performing the specific aspects of design, implementation and testing of HVDC power transmission schemes and equipment.
- Team player with great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.