The global climate crisis requires us to reduce global GHG to net-zero emissions by 2050 in line with the Paris 1.5 agreement; to do so whilst feeding 10 Billion people sustainably and ensuring inclusive growth, is the greatest challenge of our lifetime. With some 2.5 million farmers and 10 million hectares in our supply chains, and our on-the-ground ground presence -- through outgrower programmes, our farms and processing units, and our supply and distribution networks -- OGA businesses can make a tangible, positive impact for people, nature and the climate. As part of the Sustainability Analytics Unit, you will identify, analyse, and visualise sustainability risks, activities, and impacts, through monitoring tools and methodologies, research support, data analysis and knowledge management, generating insights that drive positive action
The responsibilities of the Sustainability Analyst include
- Developing metrics, methodologies and tools for measuring outputs and impacts, in line with best practices and the requirements of stakeholders such as donors, certifying bodies, Footprinting unit, AtSource, and Communications.
- Periodically pdating key metrics, definitions and survey tools, according to evolving best practices and knowledge, and industry- or programme-specific requirements
- Acquiring and analysing data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases and dashboards in a timely manner, while ensuring the integrity of primary data and collection processes.
- Providing technical guidance, support and analysis to field and desk research projects
- Building the capacity of colleagues to play their parts to effectively monitoring and measure sustainability activities, impacts and footprint.
- Identifying opportunities to automate data collection and management
- Generating insights from large amounts of data and developing practical systems for relevant business users to access and visualise data insights
- A personal passion for sustainable agriculture and food systems
- Experience of gathering and manipulating social and environmental data as part of a team
- Good knowledge of survey and research methods and anaysis
- Excellent data analysis capabilities
- Advanced skills with specialised data analysis software as well as Excel
- A good eye for designing clear and impactful graphical visualisations of data insights