Our client is one of the world's leading suppliers & traders of food, feed & fibre. They are working with more than 2 million farmers globally.
As part of the effort to reduce global GHG to net-zero emissions, the corporate responsibilities & sustainability department is looking for an analyst, who plays a critical role in creating credible, verifiable models using LCA to evaluate the amount of carbon sequestered and deliver accurate GHG removals calculations.
- Create models to perform complex Life Cycle Assessments in the context of wide-ranging projects within the own estates and supply chains
- Collaborate with the carbon action manager to acquire accurate data for models covering climate, water, soils, energy use, full life cycle of agriculture crops in a broad range of products and production systems as well as geographic origins.
- Support other members of Environmental team with research and analysis of compliance vs voluntary carbon markets such as Nationally Determined Contributions in key production origins
- Identify inconsistencies with data and resolve issues, capturing issues for learning purposes
- Perform calculations on GHG removals according to relevant methodology and develop prediction models to quantify improved land-management practices in Agriculture and hence support the development of visual materials that illustrate findings and results from large amounts of data in the form of presentations and reports
- Work in collaboration with Carbon action manager and support data analysis during project design document development for any carbon projects
- Staying abreast of trends and best practices in data mining and analytics, impact metrics and GIS, especially with applications for sustainable agriculture, monitoring land use change, and assessing social impact.
- Master's Degree in data analytics, statistics, environmental anaytics, data science or other related disciplines
- More than 5 years of relevant experience
- Track records in working with large volumes of data with excellent analytical skills applying various LCA software. Ideally extensive experience in one of the main tools, such as GaBi, OpenLCA or SimaPro, etc.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of Machine Learning frameworks, tools, and algorithms
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with a proactive, solution-oriented and innovative mindset
- Hands-on experience and a good understanding of agri-business models and success factors would be a plus
- Able to occasionally travel to remote operational areas
- Passion for sustainable agriculture and food systems